A Veggie Parmesan sub from the Smoky Mountain Sub Shop. We stopped there while we were enjoying Waynesville's Apple Festival.
Joey, making a stilly face while cooking chili and keeping an eye on our coffee...
Shannon, warming by the fire at breakfast Sunday morning
- We will not be going back to Moonshine Creek. The staff was really nice, but the sites were too close together and we originally had a site where we would have had to carry everything by HAND across the creek (no car access). That would have been unfortunate since we had 1/2 a truck bed full of firewood. We got our site changed, thankfully. The campground was also really small. But the bathrooms were clean.
- Every meal, save for the one that we ate out, was cooked over an open fire. Joey was an AWESOME cook!!
- It was 37 when we woke up Saturday. The high was 48. It was 31 when we woke up Sunday.
- It sleeted on Saturday night.
- Electric blankets in the tent are the BEST IDEA EVER.
- Camping without James is noticeably quieter at night. Enough Said.
- It's hard to knit while bundled up like an eskimo.
- Mountain people are strange.
- Senior Citizen cloggers ROCK!!
- Men + Fire = singing hair off something.
- Watching a group of kids from App standing in the dark freezing because they didn't know what they were doing was a riot.
That's all I can think of for now. It was a good weekend. Even with the freezing temps and sleet, I wish I was still there.