Friday, August 22, 2008

Lessons Learned...Unfortunate Lessons...

I learned an unfortunate lesson yesterday:

1. If you throw a potholder at Shelli, she will believe it to be a big scary monster

2. If you pick Shelli up and take her over to the potholder, she will escape...by any means necessary.

Was I pissed? Definitely. Was it my own fault? Absolutely. Joey told me that she spent most of the day thinking that every inanimate object was a big scary monster. I gave the cat PTSD.

Tonight, I started teaching my friend Katie to knit...I know, it's the blind leading the blind. But at least I can show her to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. Then, once I learn other stuff, I can teach her that too:). While she was practicing her knit stitch, I knit along and started this cute little swatch on a whim...



I think I'm going to keep going with it and seeing what kind of scarf it may become.

And, in keeping with the "more toward whole foods" movement, I had a very tasty dinner full of fresh produce:



I used:

  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • a few handfulls of fresh baby spinach
  • a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
  • a bowl of (cooked) whole wheat penne

I sauteed the onion, tomato, and spinach in a pan with olive oil and some garlic powder. I also put a little leftover marinara sauce on the pasta to use it up, but I probably won't do that next time. The tomatoes were so fresh and wonderful!

And while I'm thinking about it, I found this blog today. It's a GREAT read. This is what I aspire to have....a yard full of vegetables and chicken poop.

2 comments:

Heather @ SGF said...

Ooh, yummy looking pasta! What time is dinner? Sorry kitty is wigged out. Ours tend to recover well. They are used to us terrorizing them :)

Melanie said...

I felt immensely guilty for at least the next hour;). And my husband guilted me every time I called to check in (the life of a full-time PhD student is so hard). The pasta was definitely a success:). thanks for reading!